We are back again for another interesting interview with someone I met during my time in England. I have been in the same club for over a season and created some great memories. His work as he recognized did not go unnoticed I’m move up the non league pyramid, from Step 4 to Step 2. Heybridge Swifts FC for Concord Rangers FC. Do you know him? Would you like to know what did we talk about on this interview? Do not stop now!
- WHO IS ADAM DREW?
Currently head of recruitment at Concord Rangers amongst some other roles thrown in 🙂
- WHICH IS YOUR ‘RELATIONSHIP’ WITH FOOTBALL? WHEN DID IT START? HOW?
Football has always been my first love. Started watching Non league with my Dad when I was 5, then started watching Southend United from 8!
- WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FOOTBALL?
The greatest game of course 🙂
- YOU’VE OBVIOUSLY HAD SOME SUCCESFULL SPELLS LATELY WITHIN FOOTBALL. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THEM AND WHAT DO YOU THINK MAKES A TEAM UNBREAKABLE?
I’ve been very lucky in my short career. Some unbelievable cup runs, moving up two levels when joining Concord Rangers so it’s good your work doesn’t go unnoticed. Brings you memories you will never forget. I often speak to Jody Brown ex Heybridge manager (when certain songs come on)! Just bring back great moments.
- BEING HONEST YOU ‘CREATE’ GROUP OF FOOTBALLERS EVEN BEFORE THE COACH/MANAGER STARTS WORKING WITH THEM. DO YOU SPEND/INVEST A LOT OF TIME/MONEY SCOUTING?
- YOU KNOW QUITE WELL ‘ENGLAND THE CHANCE’ DO YOU THINK IS A GOOD PROJECT? IF YES, WHY DO YOU THINK CLUBS SHOULD BE ATTENDING THE EVENT?
- YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW PLAYERS FROM THE EVENT. YOUR CLOSEST ONE WOULD BE JOAN LUQUE. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HIM? WHAT DOES HE BRING ON YOUR TEAM?
Luque is a special boy. Turned up from Spain with broken English, a bag with some clothes in but most importantly his boots. He had an unbelievable start to his career in England, scoring lots of goals, catching the eye of Many along the way. He just wanted to be become a professional footballer and his work ethic was incredible so I was delighted to see him get his move at the end of the season. It didn’t quite work out there but he will have his time again. I have obviously taken him into Concord Rangers and he’s done well so who knows what the future holds for him again…
- ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO IT? WOULD YOU SCOUT ANY PLAYER FOR YOUR CURRENT TEAM ‘CONCORD RANGERS’ IF ANY CATCH YOUR EYE?
I will be 100% going. I’ve obviously been to the previous events and enjoyed them. If there is a player who I think can improve our team / squad then I would definitely take them in! (If gaffa allows of course)
- DO YOU THINK DIFFERENT VENUES FOR THE EVENT WOULD HELP THE EVENT ITSELF TO REACH MORE CLUBS? DO YOU THINK CLUBS COULD BE INTERESTED TO HOLD THEM? DO YOU THINK BEING THE HOLDER OF THE EVENT GIVES YOU ANY POTENTIAL ADVANTAGES?